The effects of COVID-19 have impacted every aspect of our daily lives, including your future visits to our offices. Downtown Dental Care, PLLC remains committed to your health and safety, as well as to that of our staff and community.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control protocols are always in effect so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Iowa Board of Dentistry and the American Dental Association (ADA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
We have implemented the above recommendations into our daily practice. Outlined below will give you a guide of what to expect for your upcoming appointment.
- Please call and reschedule your appointment if you have any COVID-19 symptoms such as a fever, cough, or have been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 within two weeks.
Day of your appointment
- You will be asked to fill out a screening form prior to your visit.
- Your temperature will be taken while you are entering the office.
- You must wear a mask while in the office. If you have a mask, please bring it with you. If you need a mask, we will happily provide one for you.
During your visit
- Waiting room has fewer chairs and are spaced out to ensure proper physical distancing.
- Waiting rooms no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, beverage station and so forth as those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the waiting room and throughout the office, we ask that you utilize when you enter and leave.
- We minimize the number of people in the office at any one time — so please leave family and friends at home or in the car that aren’t necessary for your actual visit.
- Our entire staff will ensure that all infection control procedures are used during your appointment.
- Clipboards and pens are disinfected between each patient.
- Waiting areas are disinfected throughout the day.
After your visit
If you feel any COVID-19 symptoms or you have a COVID-19 diagnosis within 14 days of visiting the office, please call and let us know.
We grateful that you are a patient or looking to become a patient and appreciate your understanding throughout this process.